Date Better This 2021: A Look at the Best Gay and LGBTQ Dating Sites
Living in the 21st century is definitely more exciting for the gay or LGBTQ! If you compare today’s activities from yesteryears, they can now express their individualities more through lifestyle, appearance, and choice of partner. Dating is also “easier.” Back then, it was pretty much a drag. Do you have time to get into a romantic relationship with a potential partner? Who knows, maybe you can find your soulmate at the best LGBTQ dating sites. There’s no guarantee, but it won’t hurt to try!
A Look at 2021’s Best Gay and LGBTQ Dating Sites
The name of the dating site is already pretty straightforward, and you can immediately say that it’s for gays. Duh? Adam4Adam, commonly referred to as just A4A, has over 10 million users in its pool. The majority of the users rely on this site to look for sexual partners that can match their physical and sexual interests. If you’ve ever wanted to try out your sexiest or weirdest fantasies, this might be where you’d find the same individual who shares the same passion!
It is also a known fact that A4A has become an industry-leading gay social network. You can browse unlimited profiles based on your location, or even users in other cities if you plan to travel. The experience is not only complete. It is a free experience that comes with tons of other features that regular dating sites would charge you for.
Browse, chat, meet. That’s it.
- There are no restrictions when you use A4A. Send and receive all the messages you want, send photos into conversations, as well as smiles to users that you really like. The only thing missing here is you!
- Connecting with a great guy and going on a date is now easier. A4A also gives you greater possibilities when you upgrade to their premium or VIP subscriptions. It allows you to create business for yourself and meet a wider variety of guys.
- You have to be wary of fake or sketchy profiles who will try and reach out to you. Some users report receiving “smiles” from people who are away on a mission in Afghanistan or in the Middle East, which are over 5,000 miles away from you. That shouldn’t be the case.
- Fake profiles are also a problem everywhere (not just at the best LGBTQ dating sites), so you have to be careful before giving out any information that might endanger you. If you are new to online dating, just think about it this way: be on your guard if the user tries to move the conversation offline. Another red flag is when they try to dish out details such as funds, iTunes cards, or more.
- You might get blasted with some ads. Since you are using the free features, expect the dating site or app to really be bombarded with some ads. It can be pretty annoying.
Price: Free; VIP registration from $4/week
This is one of the best LGBTQ dating sites for a reason. The community of over 20 million enjoins individuals from the neighborhood and around the world, so you can find whatever you’re into easily. Just like the famous app Grindr (we’ll get to that later), Scruff is also a geolocation gay dating site and app that lets you unlock photos of yourself and others.
First, you need to find someone who is looking for the same thing as you using Scruff Match. Just know that the more you swipe, the smarter the app gets. You will be delighted to see the stack of potential matches each day, so if you find someone you like, it’s best to connect with them right away! Who knows? Your sex life may not be so boring anymore.
This app is also called a “global gay travel companion” because you can publish your travel agenda and let the locals in the area know that you’ll be coming soon. Isn’t that a great way to connect with the locals? You may even volunteer and be a Scruff Ambassador so you can welcome, tour, and have fun with the other members visiting the city.
- Many users use Scruff to look for a sexual connection. But if you are not looking for a sex buddy, you will still be able to find other matches for potential friendships. It is also used for community building – something lacking from the normal gay dating apps.
- Creating an account is easy.
- Since this is a location-based platform, you can easily find matches for hookups!
- This dating app can also be your social guide to LGBTQ events. It is updated daily by the team and you will discover the hottest queer parties, prides, festivals, and events.
- Using a free account in Scruff might make you impatient because it only has limited search capabilities. Not to mention, you will only be able to view a small number of profiles in your area.
Price: Free; Pro from $19.99/month
This dating app may not be exclusive to gay individuals, but it is still one of the most popular sites out there because of its name recognition and fantastic features. Here, you are not merely uploading an attractive photo to “lure” matches. You also get to tell stories, share your passions, talk about important stuff, and skip out on the small talk. Even if you are online, this will feel like “dating done right,” and you don’t get matches simply because you look good, but because a user likes you for who you are.
So how do you start your gay dating journey at OkCupid? Sign up and show the world what you’re made of – share your photos, political views, as well as other things you are passionate about. Next, answer the fun questions to help you make better connections. The more you answer, the more you’ll find better matches. This includes questions such as “What are your favorite novels?” Finally, plan your enjoyable dates with the best people around!
- You don’t have to pay a dollar just to browse or interact with people on the side. That’s one of the best things about this site.
- It doesn’t matter whether you are a gay Christian looking for another gay to share your faith with, or if you are simply looking to hookup with an extra hot dude, this is where you can find them.
- The dating site is easy to use because of its straightforward features. Not to mention, you’ll get access to even better features when you upgrade to their A-list, and it’s cheap.
- If you are living in a smaller city or town, expect that you won’t get as many “suggestions” compared to those living in highly-populated areas or big cities.
- You need to invest a good amount of time to fill out your profile. Since the dating site focuses on substance instead of mere appearances, you might find this part pretty tedious – especially when you answer the throngs of questions.
Price: Free; A-List from $19.95/month; A-List Premium from $34.90/month
What really makes Grindr one of the best LGBTQ dating sites there is? Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into such a large social networking app catering to bi, trans, gay, and queer people. These are the people looking for a deeper connection – physically or mentally.
The users also get to use location-based technology to connect with anyone in the country. It displays how far you are away from your potential date, hookup, or friend.
Today, Grindr is all about representing the modern LGBTQ lifestyle that’s expanding into new platforms. You can immerse yourself in the “safe world” full of queer individuals. If you want to try the tribe feature, you are more than welcome to do so. Choose from the different categories such as Twink, Daddy, Rugged, Trans, Jock, Nerd, and Otter among others. This is a good way to connect with like-minded people and save time matching you up with those you are not particularly interested in.
- This is one of the best LGBTQ dating sites in this day and age. It is highly popular, so you will enjoy being exposed to the large and active user base.
- If you are looking for hookups, you’re not wrong in turning to Grindr. The location-based technology will help you with the “itch” fast.
- There are lots of ads that show when you use the free feature of Grindr. The account also only has limited search capabilities.
- This gay dating app is mostly used for hookups. If you are out here looking for your Prince Charming or Forever, you’ll be disappointed.
- The app is glitchy according to some users.
Price: Free; Unlimited Premium Membership from $49.99/month
Gay men are more fortunate nowadays because of the abundance of “spaces” where they can find dating prospects. GayFriendFinder is one of those spaces, and also one of the best LGBTQ dating sites! Ask anyone who has used the app or seen the site, and they’ll say that this is actually a scene that goes beyond sexual hunger. If you are used to other apps that only allow “limited” characters to be displayed in a bio, this one is different. You can express yourself and say what you want so you’d get close to finding the most ideal match for you.
GayFriendFinder also lets you coordinate meetups. If you fancy a gay board game night or a simple chill night out with your friends, then, by all means, do it! There is even a feature that allows users to announce when they are traveling, and who else will be in the area at that time.
- The verified email profiles will give you more “assurance” of the users you are matched with.
- This dating site is quite popular and also acts as a good source for one’s dating knowledge.
- The limited filtering options and lack of active members might turn you off.
Price: Free; Highlights Listing from $9.90/month; Standard Contacts from $19.90/month; Silver Membership from $22.94/month; Gold Membership from $34.94/month
Have you ever wondered if there is a site especially for gay bears? Here’s your answer!
Growlr is the social networking app especially for that – it is home to the huskier and harrier variety of gay men. There are over 10 million users, and you can view their profiles or those from your neighborhood. If you sign up, you can send and receive messages, pictures, and voice memos. Those looking to have a fun time may also browse the bear bar listings.
- This is a niche gay dating site. If you are looking for bears, then you will get a lot of options from here.
- The Growlr Pro subscription will give you access to better features which might be beneficial in your search for love. Not to mention, the bears on this site are friendly and nice. If “love” won’t be mutual, at least you’ll gain a new friend!
- There are no straight individuals here because the app only caters to gay dating.
Price: Free; Growlr Pro from $9.99/month
You will probably find Bumble in any Top Online Dating Sites list, not just here. That’s because it is one of the best apps you can use. While they require women to send the first message to their match, it might confuse you as to if it really is inclusive of the LGBTQ community.
The app was originally designed for heteronormative dating, but it has since expanded to same-sex dating. For same-sex dating, the woman makes the first move. However, that rule is dropped for queer users, but someone needs to send a message within the first 24 hours, or else the match expires.
- Bumble has a large user base, and you can count on the fact that the majority are pretty active. If you get a match, just wait for the person to be bold and make the first move.
- If you want plenty of options, you’ll get it here. It’s up to you to decide if you only want a casual hookup, a nice friendship, or something more serious.
- There might be tons of overlap with online dating app Tinder, in terms of the user base.
- Bumble is a fine dating app, but there are “gayer” options if you are really focused on that.
Price: Free; $19.99/month
Which among the best LGBTQ dating sites is your favorite?